Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Weird Reality

There are those stories you read or hear about that make you pause and wonder, then you shake your head thinking that stories like that are not real....but are they?

I have such a story to tell and yes, it's weird, unexplainable and true, very true.

Years ago I lived in Oregon and my neighbor was a nice old man whom I grew fond of. Our friendship was that of trust and since I was in the health care field he asked me to tend to a wound that he had on his one leg. He asked me to do sterile changes of his bandages. He was in a wheel chair and was pretty much home bound. We would chat and sometimes chat for a hour at a time or more.
He told me about his wife (who had died several years before) and he would talk to me about his daughter whom he loved very much. He told me about his travels when he was young working for a car dealership and he would go across country for the car dealership.

Then this dear man passed away unexpectedly from a stroke.
I missed talking with him.

A few years later I bought a house in New York after my mother passed away. I bought a car, packed up all my belongings that were to be shipped via van lines and my youngest daughter and I trekked across America heading for our new home.

The second day on the road I became sick with a nasty cold. So, we cut our road time short so that I could rest. We got a motel room not far from the highway that we were on.
After a good nap I stepped outside and there was a young man in the next room to my room and he stepped out. He looked familiar. We started to chat a bit and he told me how he traveled across the country. He had a wife and they just had a baby girl. After chatting with him for a bit I noticed a scar on his leg....he had a pair of short on. It was a wound in the same place as my neighbor's. I looked at this young man and wow! He looked like a young George....my neighbor!

I can not explain it. I only know that this guy looked like a young George, my neighbor and he had a scar on his leg in the same place on his leg and he talked about his wife, traveling for work, his wife and his baby girl.

George? Was that you?

No comments:

Post a Comment