Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

What might seem to be a living hell for one person may not seem that bad for another. Is it how we perceive things to be? Is it our own unique personality that helps us face difficult situations better than how others might handle these tough times? Is it faith?

I have had my share of tough times. Yes, including cancer and homelessness and the loss of two children due to custody issues (having no money to fight back).
It hasn't been easy.  I also lost a sister to suicide and a best friend to suicide.
I have had my bouts of doubt and depression and spent several years on a quest in search for answers to who I am and what life is all about.
I am sorry to tell you that I still do not have all the answers but this I know for certain. When terrible things hit me face on, I have to hold on tighter to God. I have to make a real effort in trusting Him to do what is best, no matter how bleak things may seem.

Most of the problems that I have had are from choices that I have made in my life. The first thing that I had to recognize was that it is my fault and no one else's fault for all the things that have happened to me. With the exception of cancer, I own up to the bad decisions I have made. No one forced me to marry the two men I married. No one forced me to go certain ways instead of other ways. I made the decisions and it wasn't my parent's fault and it wasn't even my husbands' fault. Yes, they were jerks, but it was me that decided to marry and trust these men with my life. I could have said no. The first marriage was when I was in my 20's and I was young and stupid. The second marriage was when I was in my 30's and should have known better!
Now that I am in my 50's I can see plain as a crisp, clear day! Darn it! But, this is what life is. One big
lesson and as they say (whoever that is), "I went to the school of hard knocks"!

So, I have told my children that what they decide could effect the rest of their life.

My great times shine and my bad times were lessons learned and I refuse to forget, so that I do not repeat those mistakes!

The good, the bad, and the ugly can be survived. Trust in Him, lean on Him and you will make it through!


No comments:

Post a Comment